Looking for a quick and easy knitting project that will keep you cozy and stylish all winter long? Look no further than this super simple hat pattern! With just one skein of chunky weight yarn and a few basic knitting skills, you’ll be able to whip up a cozy and stylish hat in no time. Whether you’re an experienced knitter or just starting out, this pattern is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and satisfying project. So grab your needles and let’s get started!
- 1 skein of chunky weight yarn (approx. 100-120 yards)
- US size 10 (6mm) circular needles, 16″ or 18″ long
- US size 10 (6mm) double-pointed needles (DPNs)
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
- Cast on 64 stitches onto the circular needles. Place stitch marker and join in the round, being careful not to twist the stitches.
- Knit every round until the hat measures approximately 8 inches from the cast-on edge.
- Begin decreases: Round 1: Knit 6, k2tog repeat to end of round. (56 stitches) Round 2: Knit every stitch. Round 3: Knit 5, k2tog repeat to end of round. (48 stitches) Round 4: Knit every stitch. Round 5: Knit 4, k2tog repeat to end of round. (40 stitches) Round 6: Knit every stitch. Round 7: Knit 3, k2tog repeat to end of round. (32 stitches) Round 8: Knit every stitch. Round 9: Knit 2, k2tog repeat to end of round. (24 stitches) Round 10: Knit every stitch. Round 11: Knit 1, k2tog repeat to end of round. (16 stitches) Round 12: Knit every stitch. Round 13: K2tog repeat to end of round. (8 stitches)
- Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread the tail through the remaining stitches and pull tight to close the top of the hat.
- Weave in ends using the tapestry needle.
And voila! You now have a cozy and stylish knitted hat to wear or gift to someone special. Experiment with different colors and textures of yarn to create a hat that truly reflects your personal style. Happy knitting!